Today we’ve got a really cool freebie for yall. The third WordPress theme from ThinkDesignBlog.com, called "SalesLead." It’s a WordPress Theme intended to make it easy to create a simple & beautiful, modern product sales page.
You can show off your product, offer up some key info & bullets points, and link your Buy Now button in just a few minutes. You can add testimonials, and other supporting text down the homepage as well. The homepage is widgetized, so you can put as many testimonials and supporting text blocks as you’d like.
The theme was designed by me, Nick Pagano with Think Design Blog/Think Four Graphic Design, and coded by the fine folks at Purlize. They are a new company that offers PSD to HTML conversions, and more. Tyler, from Purlize, was a great help on this project, and also wanted to see y’all have an awesome end product. Make sure to check out there website, and their top-notch code.
SalesLead Setup & How To.
1. Upload via FTP, or using the "Upload" option under the "Install Themes" tab. (Appearance –> Themes –> Install Themes)
2. Active theme.
3. Now, you will see a "Saleslead Theme Options" page. Here is where you can setup the basics for the theme. You can input a path for the header & footer logos, as well as the favicon. The "Parent Name" and "Parent Company Link" are for the header and footer, where the parent company name is displayed. You can also enter copyright text for the footer, and a Google Analytics code.
- Now, you will want to setup your product. You’ll see there is a custom post type called "Product". You’ll click "Add New Product." The title of the ‘post’ will be the main headline. The content of the post will be the subheading. The ‘Featured Image’ will be the product image to the left of the headline & info.
- To add bullet points: You simply create a custom field with a name of "bullets". The ‘value’ is whatever you want the bullet to be. (You can add as many as you want.)
- To include the "Buy Now" button. Simply create a custom field with a name of "BUYNowButtonLink". Then put the URL you want to link to as the value of the custom field.
- To setup the Testimonial/Copy section below the product section: This section is widgetized, so you’ll go to ‘Widgets’ under appearance. You’ll see two sidebars: Home Left, and Home right. You’ll also see a new ‘Testimonial Widget’. For the supporting copy to the right of the testimonials, you can use the default ‘text’ widget, and it will be styled properly. So, for instance on the demo, I have 2 testimonial widgets in the "Home Left" sidebar, and five text widgets on "Home right." You can add as many as you want to these areas.
That should be basically it! Then you’ll be up and running with your spiffy new sales page!
This is the first release of the SalesLead Theme. Feel free to suggest any changes, bugs, or fixes to the theme in the comments. We will try to update the theme as necessary. Please understand that the theme is available "as is" and that we are not responsible for any bugs. The one major thing we’ll be incorporating next time, will be easy integration of Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, and other mail services for the "newsletter" section at the bottom of the homepage. We wanted to get this out there though, so as of now, it’s more of a section you can work with, and manually integrate it with your MailChimp, or similar services.